The Website is Loading...

ANTIPOLO

  • Brgy. San Luis, C. Lawis Ext. Antipolo, Rizal

  • 0917 849 4099

Golden Haven is now in the Pilgrimage City, the City of Antipolo!

Antipolo City was named after tipolo (breadfruit) tree, which was in abundance in the area. It was the Franciscan missionaries who first build the church in the area, in 1578.  However they were replaced by the Jesuits. These new missionaries were the one who helped organized the village into a parish. By 1601, the Christian population of Antipolo increased to 3,000 due to the people of Dumagat who came and lived in the area.

Tourist Spots

  • Basilica of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage – a pilgrimage site especially during month of May

  • Hinulugang Taktak Falls

  • Pacem Ecopark – home to different species of birds and butterflies

  • Old BosoBoso Church

  • Via Dolorosa

  • Forest Hills Golf and Country Club

 

Festivals and Celebrations

  • Ang Tipulo Festival – this is celebrated every May 1st which showcases the culture of Antipoleños and their local delicacies namely suman (sweetened steamed rice), mangoes, and kusay (cashew) as well as the Hamaka (hammock) which is the early mode of tradition of Antipoleños.

  • Alay Lakad – this is celebrated every Maundy Thursday and April 30-May1, where millions of devotees flock to Antipolo as a form of penance for the Holy Week and from the evening of April 30 until dawn of May 1. This annual event every April 30 begins with a procession of the image of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage from Quiapo Church going to the Antipolo Cathedral.

  • Kapitanes at Kapitanas – every Holy Week, Antipolo City has a tradition dating back to 1920’s wherein two pairs of young Antipoleños are chosen to lead the faithful in the activities during Holy Week. The 1st pair: Kapitan Uno carries the Pontifical Emblem and Kapitana Uno carries the paschal Candle. The 2nd pair: Kapitan Dos, carries the Flag of the Church.

 

Source: Antipolo Gov

  • PRODUCTS

  • PROMOS

There is no available promo.

© 2019 Golden Haven, Inc.