- Updated On:
- November 13, 2020
- 2.50 m2
Golden Haven Memorial Park is now in the City of Catholic pilgrimage site!
Antipolo City was named after tipolo (breadfruit) tree, which was in abundance in the area. It was the Franciscan missionaries who first build the church in the area, in 1578. However they were replaced by the Jesuits. These new missionaries were the one who helped organized the village into a parish. By 1601, the Christian population of Antipolo increased to 3,000 due to the people of Dumagat who came and lived in the area.