Reasons to Invest in Memorial Lots in South Mindanao
Buying properties near your place of residence is a good investment option. But what if there are places somewhere a bit far that have the potential to earn higher? Wouldn’t you be willing to invest outside your turf? Here are reasons why you should invest in memorial lots in Southern Mindanao.
Reasons to Invest in Memorial Lots in Southern Mindanao
- Southern Mindanao has five provinces: Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao de Oro, Davao Oriental, and Davao Occidental. Its regional center is Davao City, which is the central business district. With its enormous land area and astonishing scenery, Southern Mindanao has great tourism and investment potential.
- Awarded as one of Asia’s Most Livable Cities by Asia Week Magazine, Davao is the largest city in the Philippines in terms of land area.
- Aside from its world-famous agricultural products like durian, bananas, and orchids, Davao City is bustling with manufacturers, infrastructure projects, and real estate development – which gives investors a lot of investment options.
- Seventy percent of households in Southern Mindanao own the house where they reside. Only 8% of its population rents a house, which means they’re aware of the value of investing.
- Southern Mindanao takes pride in its unique geographics. Livelihood and business opportunities in the south are as robust and diverse as their people and natural resources.
- And, 70% of Southern Mindanao’s population are Roman Catholics – who believe that the human remains, cremated or embalmed, should be respectfully interred in a “sacred place” such as a cemetery or a memorial park.
All these reasons contribute to the high-value appreciation of memorial lots or any business a potential investor would want to invest in. Whether it be in tourism, infrastructure, or real estate investments like memorial lots.
Pre-need and at-need memorial lots
It’s a reality of life and it’s inevitable. Everyone is going to need a good place to rest, regardless of how fat your bank account is. So when it comes to planning for the unforeseen, investing in pre-need memorial lots is often a good idea. Better to settle it ahead of time now than years or decades later.
Investing in pre-need memorial lots is equivalent to paying for insurance coverage. You invest for future use. The opposite of which is the at-need lot, when people avail of a memorial lot at an urgent time of need.
Things to consider when buying a memorial lot
Unlike other real estate properties, a memorial lot has no land title but a lot title instead, which indicates the location and measurements of the lot. What you pay for is the right to decide who gets interred in that lot. Once fully paid, you get perpetual ownership of the memorial lot.
The property developer or manager keeps the record of lot titles if the lots are in memorial parks. Or by the local government if they are in public cemeteries.
The location and size of memorial lots vary depending on the rules and regulations of the Housing And Land Use Regulatory Board or HLURB. The current base prices in the market are up to 200,000 for single lawn lots; garden lots for up to 2 million pesos; and estate or mausoleum lots for up to 18 million pesos.
Location is a primary concern when buying memorial lots. Memorial lots in urban areas like Metro Manila or the town center of a particular place are priced higher than in areas sparsely inhabited.
Advantages of buying pre-need memorial lots
- Saves you a lot of money.
It’s practical. Investing in pre-need memorial lots is a financial decision. Prices will increase over time because of the dwindling supply.
Currently, there are several cemeteries and memorial parks that can still cater to inter the dead. Eventually, though, many cemeteries will run out of space.
Also, substantial amounts of land are being used to build new memorial parks, private buildings, housing, and other government infrastructure projects. This won’t result in an immediate shortage of memorial lots soon, but could eventually increase in prices, which makes early investments advantageous.
- Gives you a lot of options.
When you pass, the bereaved are left with the predicament of making an immediate decision about the choice of casket, burial arrangements, etc. while distraught, and wondering what you would have preferred.
Planning and buying your memorial lot now, you get to choose your final resting place. If you’re married and buy two lots, you and your spouse could be buried alongside each other even in death.
Also, you get to ask around which memorial parks developer offers the best deals in death care, and how competitive the existing fees are. Like the cost of opening and closing of graves, price of vaults, transfer fees, and other burial services, etc.
- Spare your loved ones from guessing.
It’s always best to buy memorial lots after careful assessment of your finances and end-of-life wishes. Rather than having your family decide on funeral arrangements, or where you would have wanted to be buried. The least you could do is spare your loved ones from deciding on all that while grieving in the event of your death.
- You get to choose the location.
Pre-need Memorial lots give you options to secure a particular spot in a cemetery – like the ones near entrances. It’d be nice to have your final resting place near entrances where it’s convenient for visiting family members to park. Or somewhere with a good view of trees and other greenery – where they could reflect on their thoughts in peace.
What makes a memorial lot a good investment?
A memorial lot in the Philippines is considered a good real estate investment. It’s a tangible asset that can be used as collateral when you need an emergency fund. The prices of Golden Haven memorial lots are more stable compared to other real estate properties. Memorial lots in the Philippines don’t get affected by inflation rates and are therefore protected against depreciation.
Memorial lots are one of the most affordable types of real estate investment with high-value appreciation. Lot price at Golden Haven starts at only 55,000, at an appreciation rate of 20% per annum. This kind of lucrative offer is best suited for young professionals and OFWs.
Golden Haven Memorial Parks in Tagum City, Davao Del Norte Lot price starts from 75,000 up to 1,010,000.
The City of Golden Opportunities, Tagum City, in Davao del Norte now has one of the most beautiful memorial parks in the country. This park boasts gorgeous landscapes and state-of-the-art amenities. This California-themed memorial park is indeed a destination to enjoy.